The consumer expects that his favourite products have a constant sensory quality. With objective and reliable measurements, the electronic nose helps to control the sensory profile of products all through the production line:
- Sensory conformity tests: aroma control, off-odour detection, odorous contaminant detection
- Consumer complaints investigation and identification of odorous defects subjected to a customer claim
- Influence of the manufacturing process on food flavoring
- Products aroma ageing follow-up, ingredients selection based on their shelf life and the stability of their sensory profile
- Food packaging testing: evaluation of the impact of food-contact materials on the organoleptic quality of food.
Research & Development
The sensory profile, products aroma in particular, has a strong influence on consumers’ choice and preference. Thanks to its numerous applications, the electronic nose is a precious support tool for designing new products that meet consumers’ expectations:
- Recipe optimization to reach a target sensory profile
- Design of innovative product with a totally unique aroma
- Product re-design (retro-engineering) to change or improve its sensory features: new recipe, new aroma, new packaging
- Benchmarking of competitive products based on their sensory profile
- Change of manufacturing process or ingredients substitution (sugar-free, low carb, etc) and assessment of the impact on product aroma.