The consumer expects that his favourite products have a constant sensory quality. With objective and reliable measurements, the electronic nose helps to control the sensory profile of products all through the production line:
- Sensory conformity tests: aroma control, off-odour detection, odorous contaminant detection
- Consumer complaints investigation and identification of odorous defects subjected to a customer claim
- Influence of the manufacturing process on food flavoring
- Products aroma ageing follow-up, ingredients selection based on their shelf life and the stability of their sensory profile
- Food packaging testing: evaluation of the impact of food-contact materials on the organoleptic quality of food.
Research & Development
The sensory profile, products aroma in particular, has a strong influence on consumers’ choice and preference. Thanks to its numerous applications, the electronic nose is a precious support tool for designing new products that meet consumers’ expectations:
- Recipe optimization to reach a target sensory profile
- Design of innovative product with a totally unique aroma
- Product re-design (retro-engineering) to change or improve its sensory features: new recipe, new aroma, new packaging
- Benchmarking of competitive products based on their sensory profile
- Change of manufacturing process or ingredients substitution (sugar-free, low carb, etc) and assessment of the impact on product aroma.
Let's meet at our booth 2C89!
Do you smell alcohol when you open a package of sandwich bread? Find out why with this electronic nose comparison study of four brands of prepackaged bread and a bakery product!
Sensory analysis is an efficient tool to compare competitors’ products to the target leaders’ one in the market, to develop a new product or to improve a current one. In this study, 4 brands of chocolate hazelnut spreads were characterized to compare their aroma profiles in order timprove, re-formulate or re-engineer products.
In this study an objective and neutral olfactive evaluation through an electronic nose has been performed on recycled PET samples. The differences respect to a reference have been clearly identified, allowing to improve the recycling processes and accelerate product development.
Analysis of coffee particle characteristics, coffee creaming and bulk powder flow properties together with sensory analysis and high resolution SEM images can help you improve your coffee production process.